Sunday, March 21, 2010

Free Art To A Good Home


Headline: I'm moving to New York in May and I am in the process of downsizing my stuff. This has caused me to reconsider what exactly I'm doing about all this artwork I've got laying around. I'm not interested in putting together images of these in hopes of sending them to a show and I have no upcoming shows to display them in so here's what I've come up with. They're up for grabs free of charge. All that I ask in return is payment back for the shipping costs. So here's what you can do if you are interested:

1)
Look through the work here, everything I have now to dispose of is present in some shape or form.
_a) The paintings are from 2010 - acrylic on panel 10" sq. * A red one is added in the video, not present in the wide shots.
_b) The paper pieces are from 2005 and vary in size. They are done with Sharpie and because of this may fade or change color in environments with lots of UV contact, although I can not say for sure how much or even how long this could take. In short, they are not "archival". They have sat in plastic sleeves in a flatfile for years now and have not been altered.
_c) All of this work is "unframed" at the moment. I prefer to never allow the panels placed in a frame, but the paper pieces look beautiful inside a nice frame which I've included an image of from long ago to see as example. If a person wishes to own a paper piece they may have it - but if they would like it framed by me we must arrange something more in terms of cost for that.

2)
If you find something you like the look of and want to own, contact me any way you see fit: phone, email, facebook, comments

_a) If somehow this idea takes off, I will be running this on a first-come first-serve basis for fairness.
_b) You may also ask for more information if I haven't provided enough here of course.


3)
By contacting me I will reserve that piece(s) for you and we can work out the details of shipment & payment together.
_a) I think the easiest way to do this is for me to gather what you want and send it straight out. I'll then contact you about how much it cost to do and once you receive the work you can pay me through PayPal or send a check back to me.

4)
Any work that is spoken for I will continue to update as such on this blog.
_a) I would like to share information about where this work is going to everyone but if you prefer that information be kept confidential let me know. I am only interested in letting people know that you have contributed to this cause and let them know where in the country those pieces now reside - I think that's fun.

That's just about everything I can think of. I hope no one is offended that I'm just giving them away but I really think they belong somewhere and I don't want to burden myself by pricing them out. I've sold work like this in the past, so it may seem unfair to now give it away to others but I believe that it is what needs to be done and makes the most sense to me.





-Here is a short video walkthrough of all the work you've seen here. It is a way to get a better idea of the scale as well as the color in natural lighting which is lacking in the images down below here.

No comments: